Thursday, November 11, 2010

What ray romero is thankful for :)

      I'm reading a book called “ Dont be Afraid Gringo” edited by Medea Benjamin, the story of Elivia Alvarado. This women speaks from the heart about the struggle to keep her children and herself alive. She talks about the living standards in Honduras and how impossible it is for low class families like hers  to find jobs, have a good man to stay around when you have a baby with him  and feed her family. You might be thinking well what does this have to do with what you are thankful for ,right? Well I never used to sit and think about what I was grateful for yet I always thought about what I didn't have and what I “needed”. This story really put an impact on my outlook of lifestyles.
   I want to start off with the basics. I'm most thankful for my loving and supporting family. They would do anything for me and in return I would give my life for any one of them. My parents always made sure I received the best education and pushed me to always give my best. They surrounded me with opportunities that many parents can't or don't care to.They always made sure I had food in my stomach and a roof on top of my head. My grandmother is like my second mom and was there when my parents couldn't be, And my little brother , he changed my life when he was born. I look at him as my everything, he brings the biggest happiness to me.
  I am thankful for my boyfriend of three years. I am thankful for his faithfulness and friendship. He will always have a special place in my heart. He taught me how to be comfortable in my own skin and reminded me how beautiful of a person I am when I had my dark days. He made me believe in the word "trust"so many before him abused it. Overall I am thankful for a man that has loved me and let me love him back.
  I am also thankful for all the mistakes I have made in my past . They have made me into a stronger person. I'm thankful for my best-friends who are always one ring away. There the reason I get through my deepest struggles with the advice to keep one foot in front of the other.
  And last but not least I'm thankful for life itself. Thankful to the Creator of it all, for making all the opportunities for us humans to receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment